Frequently Asked Questions
- How many sq. ft. will the building have?
12420 sq. ft. Main Floor + 1176 sq. ft.
Mezzanine(including staircase) = 13,596 sq. ft. Total
- What will the church structure be made of?
Church structure will be wood/steel frame.
- What size will the walls be?
Walls will be 6” thick.
- What type of heating will the building have?
Heating will be natural gas boiler multiple hydronic/forced air with possibly partial in-floor heating.
- Will there be air conditioning?
Air Conditioning will be in the entire area.
- What will the outside walls be made of?
Outside walls will be wood frame covered with brick/stone from
ground to 4 ft.; remainder EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finishing System).
- What type of roof will the building have?
Traditional asphalt roof
- What type of drop off/pick up area will there be?
Covered drop off/pick up area
- Will the Bell Tower have a bell?
Bell Tower may house the current bell or have current bell on display.
- What will the landscaping look like?
Landscaping is to be determined
- How many parking spaces will there be?
Parking lot for 130 vehicles, 7 handicap spaces with room for expansion
- Is the building designed for future expansion?
Designed with expansion in mind in multiple directions.
Includes preinstalled structure for future nave seating additions.
- Will there be multiple floors or a basement?
Single floor – no basement (mechanical only mezzanine)
- Will the building be handicap accessible including restrooms and fellowship area?
Completely handicap accessible and ADA compliant. A T-link system for the hearing impaired may also be included.
- If there is no basement, where will mechanical systems be located?
Maintenance rooms to house furnace, air handlers, electrical, etc.
- What type of fire protection will be available?
Sprinklers for fire protection using an external tank system.
- What size of electrical service will be required?
600-800 amp service
- What type of waste/sewer system will be available?
Holding tank for the first few years, then will add connection to the village sewer using a pressure system.
- What type of water source will be available?
Well (No village water is available due to elevation of property)
- Where will equipment such as lawn mower and snow blower be stored?
Site includes outbuilding for equipment storage including seasonal items, tables and chairs.
- How large will the worship area be?
5116 sq. ft. Worship Center including 28’x 40’ (1120 sq. ft.) Narthex (entry area), 48’ x 72’ (3456 sq. ft.)
Nave (seating area) and 540 sq. ft. Sanctuary (altar area)
- How many people can the Nave seat?
Worship area seats 300 as shown with additional seating of 30 for Choir, plus a Cry Room.
Extra chairs could also be added in the Narthex and Gathering Area.
- Where will the altar be located?
Refurbished existing altar will be free standing at the back wall of the Sanctuary and used for decorative purposes only.
A new Altar table for Communion will be in front of it.
- Will Communion be standing or kneeling at a rail?
Communion will be standing (an optional railing could be added)
- What type of flooring will be used?
Floor will be concrete covered with tile, carpet or wood laminate strip flooring.
- Where will the organ be located?
Organ pipes will be located in the back mezzanine with the console on the main level at the left side.
- Where will the choir be located?
Choir will be located on the left side.
- What type of pews will there be?
Pews will be padded and laid out in arched rows (not curved pews).
- Will there be a high vaulted ceiling?
There will be a high vaulted ceiling for good acoustics.
- Will there be a cry room?
Cry room is located in the back with visual to the pulpit and a good sound system.
- Will it be easy to expand the Nave seating area in the future?
Framework is built in to add on additional space in the future.
- How large is the Fellowship Hall?
56’ x 40’ 2240 sq. ft. Fellowship Hall
- How large is the Kitchen?
38’ x 14’ 532 sq. ft. Warming Kitchen
- Will the kitchen have a grease trap?
Outside tank for grease trap
- Into how many rooms can the Fellowship Hall be divided?
The Fellowship Hall can be divided into 4 classrooms (each room 169 sq. ft.) plus a large gathering area
that could be divided for Bible classes.
- How many rooms will there be for the Sunday School?
Sunday School will be held in 4 rooms.
- Where will Adult Bible Study be held?
Adult Bible Study in 1 room, part of the Gathering Area
- Will there be space for a coffee bar and fellowship after worship?
There is an area around the warming kitchen for a coffee bar and fellowship after worship.
- What type of flooring will be in the Fellowship Hall and Kitchen?
?Floor will be concrete covered with tile in Fellowship Hall and Kitchen.
- Is there room to add seating for church services?
Additional sq. ft. could be added to seating in Nave. Special events can have expanded seating in Narthex and gathering area.
- Is there room to move the School, Gym, Early Childhood and Daycare to the facility in the future?
An addition for the School, Gym, Early Childhood and Daycare can be added.
- Is there room to include a Retirement Center?
There is room on the property for a Retirement Center in the future.
- Is there room for outdoor recreational activities?
There is room for Athletic Fields, Park and Recreational Trails to be added in the future.